Job Opening: LSA Studio Coordinator — Apply by 15.10.2021
The London School of Architecture is looking for a dynamic Studio Coordinator to join its growing team.
To coordinate the delivery of all activities aimed at supporting the day-to-day running of the School by directly supporting the Operations Management Group, the Executive Committee, including their sub-groups to execute their organisational commitments. Provide integral administrative and registry support for the smooth running of the LSA. Your days will be varied and so it is essential that you are comfortable operating in a fluid and ever-changing environment.
Externally: prospective UK and international students, academics and practitioners, key stakeholders, suppliers and sponsors.
Internally: Executive Committee, Operations Management Group, faculty and students
Reporting line: The Operations Director
- Manage and track the ongoing scope of work for the OMG and ExCo
- Manage diaries
- Work closely with the Programme Co-ordinator on delegated tasks to support programme delivery
- Engage with all external suppliers
- Engage with all faculty and students on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring meetings are efficiently arranged and communicated (live and virtual)
- Confirming bookings for lectures and seminars
- Updating the Google calendar
- Responding to inquiries by applicants, processing applications
- Take meeting notes as requested
- Working outside of working hours as required
- First point of contact: handle telephone, email and face to face enquiries from students, graduates, academics, practitioners, visitors and route accordingly
- Manage printing/digital facilities and office supplies
- Support in recruitment process
- Set up student folders, emails, access cards, Oyster cards
- Maintain and monitor the programme and registry folders on the server, including archiving and student studio folders
- Communicate regularly with the student body and its elected representatives, specifically through the Course Forum
- Coordinate the process of student submissions, evaluating and monitoring feedback
- Carry out administrative duties including logging information; filing; and updating records, submissions and feedback; monitoring attendance
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following fields: event coordination, higher education administration, committee support.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent eye for detail
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to address diverse stakeholders with confidence and diplomacy.
- Good knowledge of relevant software/platforms and advanced digital skills, in particular Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and online platforms such WordPress
- An understanding of higher education procedures and processes in the UK
- Experience of working higher education-related organisations.
- An understanding of architectural education and/or higher education and/or academic registry in the UK and worldwide.
- Appreciation of architecture, design, or other creative disciplines and professions.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit your CV to email@example.com by Friday 15 October 2021 (11.59pm)