Read the latest issue of Citizen online for free
Today sees the launch of the new issue of Citizen, the quarterly magazine for everybody engaged with the challenge of shaping and improving the city.
The Spring 2020 issue showcases proposals to transform the contemporary city, discusses the potential for co-ordinated collective action against both COVID-19 and climate change and explores the power of capital and ethical investment to transform citizens’ lives. Incisive criticism and commentary is complemented by specially commissioned photography by Freddie Ardley, original poetry by LionHeart and illustrations by Thomas Demand.
In this issue you can find 136 pages of essential opinions and propositions, including:
- Peter Bishop on how the pandemic will change society and the city
- Social media star Finn Harries on ecological transformation
- Amanda Baillieu on the economic crisis caused by COVID-19
- The new breed of Ethical Investors with social and environmental goals
- Proposals for London by the generation that will inherit the city
- Professor Jem Bendell on how to adapt to the climate catastrophe
- Remembering Michael Sorkin, with Anthony Vidler and friends
- Peter Buchanan My top 10 books!
- Fiction from Lev Bratishenko
- Poetry from LionHeart
- And much, much more…