BE A STUDENT AT THE LSA – APPLY TODAY FOR 2017 INTAKE
Are you an explorer? If so, the London School of Architecture wants to hear from you. We are now recruiting our third cohort and are seeking the 30 most talented candidates to join us on our essential mission of transforming architectural education and practice
As the only discipline with spatial intelligence, the LSA has a deep-seated belief that architects have a critical role to play in shaping the world in the 21st century. Our school has been established to explore and promote all the ways that architects can contribute positively to the built environment – to offer spatial leadership and to create work that is propositional, relevant, innovative, metropolitan and entrepreneurial.
We want to prepare our students, not only for the profession of today, but of tomorrow. In order to rise to this challenge, our unique approach places a premium on architecture’s relationship to the city; collaboration as a working method; a research-based dialogue with practice; and a mission to establish a design identity and creative purpose within each individual student.
We want the architecture that our students – and ultimately our graduates – produce to be intimately related to the shifts in human behaviour that are emerging in this era of rapid change, and to design new forms of spatial organisation that are triggered by – and in turn provide an armature for – new patterns of living. And we want you to join us on this journey!
Apply for 2017/18
- We are seeking 30 students to join our third cohort in October 2017
- The LSA now has around 60 students in First Year and Second Year
- We offer a unique programme that progresses from global and urban issues to architectural resolution
- We will have our first graduates in June 2017, and their work will be exhibited at the Graduation Show this summer
- We now have over 50 firms in our London Practice Network
- We are based at Somerset House and we have joined the workshop Makerversity
- The LSA programme is validated by London Metropolitan University, and leads to the Professional Diploma in Designing Architecture
- The ARB Board is minded to prescribe our programme for Part 2 accreditation, and our application has now been circulated for a three-month statutory consultation
- The RIBA made an exploratory visit in November 2016, and positively endorsed the LSA as ready for a full visit in the summer of 2017, when they will look at our first graduates’ work to offer validation to the school
- The LSA is confident that it will achieve both the ARB and RIBA milestones to be in place by the time of our first graduates
- Our students are developing a range of innovative architectural and urban agendas, which you can preview on our here and here
- If you’d like to visit the school, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about future Open Days
- The first deadline for applications has passed, and the school has started to interview candidates. The next application deadline is Wednesday 3 March. For more details and to apply click here. If you have any questions about how to apply, please email email@example.com
- We look forward to hearing from you!